SPOKANE, Wash. - With temperatures on the rise, we once again enter into the fire vs. ice debate.
Friends Pearl and Sandra both paused when they were asked if they preferred the heat of summer or the bitter cold of winter Thursday afternoon.
"I'd rather be too cold than too hot, myself," admitted Pearl.
Sandra paused before asking "Can I just have Spring? I don't like the snow."
While the debate of hot vs cold and fire vs ice will continue to come up every six months, the people who have the best perspective are those forced to work in both elements - construction workers.
"I think as you get older it gets harder," admitted David Bender, who is currently working on the Sprague Avenue project. "I've found that when I was younger it was easier, and now that I'm older it's getting harder. For sure."
When asked if they prefer working in July or January, the construction workers we spoke with said you can battle cold with layers and gloves - there's no hiding from the heat.
- Tracking the City of Spokane's snow removal
- Snow warriors brave the roads to enjoy the holiday season
- Spokane International Airport offers tips on traveling this holiday
- Mail thief arrested in West Central
- Full-city plow continues in Spokane neighborhoods
- Hawks helping Hawks: How a Spokane school is helping California wildfire victims