SPOKANE, Wash. - Many women in Spokane struggle to buy food for themselves and find a safe place to stay. For those women, things like makeup and other personal hygiene products become a luxury. That's where Project Beauty Share steps in to help. The non-profit collects donations from corporate partners and everyday people to provide those women with exactly what they need.
This holiday season, volunteers are filling 1600 gift bags with things like makeup, hair care products, feminine hygiene products, and deodorant for women in need. Tuesday night, volunteers from local credit unions stepped up to fill those bags. They completed around 500 and a new round of volunteers is expected to finish the job Wednesday night.
There is always a way to help Project Beauty Share further their mission. You can donate new or gently used products, volunteer at their east Sprague location, or donate money online by clicking here.
- Public use boat launch to open in Spokane neighborhood
- Domestic violence stabbing sends one brother to hospital, one to jail
- Mead teacher arrested for relationship with student
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers continuing to provide assistance to flooded areas
- SRHD campaign aims to help residents confront seasonal pests
- Sheriff: 4 people missing after car crashes into Idaho river