SPOKANE, Wash. - The Inland Northwest is bracing for the first snowfall of the season, which is expected to arrive by the end of the week - but is your vehicle ready to navigate the winter snow? Preparing before the storm can help you avoid headaches and costly repairs.
Experts recommend checking your tire pressure, coolant levels, and ensuring your windshield wiper fluid is rated for cold winter temperatures.
It's important to carry an emergency road kit in your trunk along with blankets, warm clothes, road flares, and jumper cables.
If your vehicle does not have four-wheel drive, consider buying chains, or studded tires.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal