COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Coeur d'Alene Police responded to a Montessori School for a report of a bullet hole in the west wall of the school Wednesday morning.
Police responded to 1583 W. Dalton Avenue, Coeur d'Alene Montessori School around 7 a.m. It is believed that someone may have shot at the school from a vehicle traveling north on Ramsey Road.
Detectives determined the shooting occurred around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday night while the school was unoccupied based on reports from residents in the area who heard what they thought was a gunshot around that time.
Detectives recovered the small caliber bullet which had penetrated the exterior wall of the school and lodged into an interior wall. A shell casing was found in the roadway on Ramsey Road.
Police do not have any information on a possible suspect at this time. This is an active investigation.
Anyone with information related to the incident is asked to contact the Coeur d'Alene Police Department.
- Social media school shooting threat likely a hoax
- Biggest ever restaurant week has some creative and unique food options
- Extreme Team wraps up renovation at Project ID
- Home and Yard show runs this weekend
- Idaho private school moves forward with AR-15 raffle despite opposition
- Search continues for suspects associated with crime at Red Top Motel