More than a dozen Spokane Police Officers and Firefighters were needed to break up a fight at the Excelsior Youth Center Monday night.
The call came in just after 8 p.m., and first responders described roughly 15 minors fighting in the gym in front of a hostile crowd of about 50 others.
By the end of the night, 18 total charges were dished out by officers, including third and fourth degree assault on Law Enforcement. Five fighters were arrested and booked into Spokane County Juvenile Detention.
This latest brawl comes just two months after plans were announced to expand the North Spokane facility, a project that was met with push back from their Indian Trail neighbors.
- Spokane County in need of volunteers to represent abused kids
- Search warrants lead to arrest of eight at Red Top Motel
- Post Falls Police search for missing teen
- SPD investigating after body found downtown
- Pullman businesses raise money to fight mental illness
- Kootenai County Jail population hits record high