KELLOGG, Idaho - In a Facebook post, the Shoshone County Sheriff's Office reported an officer-involved shooting on Friday night, during a city-wide manhunt in Kellogg, Idaho.
At 11:00 pm on Friday, SCSO deputies and Kellogg Police officers tried to make a traffic stop within the city. The driver, 32-year-old Tyle Potts of Missoula, Montana, was leading officers and deputies in a car chase, but later got out of the vehicle and and ran away. SCSO's post doesn't make clear why law enforcement was trying to stop Potts.
At some point during the manhunt SCSO says shots were fired, but doesn't clarify who used a weapon. No one was injured in the shooting and Potts was taken into custody two hours after the chase began, with help from the Idaho State Police, the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office and a Coeur d'Alene Police K-9 unit.
This is a developing story and will be updated as soon as more information is made available.
- Grangeville man killed in motorcycle accident on U.S. Route 12
- Spokane couple organizers blood drive after lifesaving transfusion
- Mussel sniffing dog highlights WDFW emphasis on aquatic invasive species inspections
- Tickets on sale for TBT in Spokane
- Record freshman class expected at WSU this fall
- USA Judo Junior Olympic Championships return to Spokane