YAKIMA, Wash. - The Kittitas County Sheriff's Office says a woman who was found dead in the Yakima Canyon was shot.
The Yakima Herald reports that 34-year-old Stephanie Curtis was found on Sunday in the canyon.
Undersheriff Clay Myers says investigators are working to piece together the 48 hours leading up to her death.
Myers says the sheriff's office is leading the investigation, but is working closely with Yakima-area law enforcement agencies.
- Snowmobiler killed in avalanche in eastern Idaho
- Bill would use bonds to fund more mental health facilities
- Iconic Moses Lake pizza parlor on fire
- Skate still alive after fall on Ice Ribbon
- Fire closes Moses Lake pizza parlor for "foreseeable future"
- Weather cooperates as hundreds turn out for 3rd annual Walk for Life NW