CAMANO ISLAND, Wash. (AP) - A Washington State sheriff says the body of a woman found near a gun- and ammo-filled bunker last weekend had been decapitated, and a man wanted in the case is on the loose and possibly headed for southern or central California.
The Island County coroner identified the victim as 26-year-old Katherine Cunningham. Detectives found her body Saturday on an undeveloped parcel of land on Camano Island, north of Seattle.
Nearby, investigators discovered a bunker dug into a hillside containing supplies, guns and ammo.
Island County Sheriff Mark Brown on Wednesday said police are looking for 34-year-old Jacob Gonzales, whom he called a person of interest. Gonzales is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-9 and 150 pounds, with black hair and hazel eyes. He is believed to be driving a green 1990 Mitsubishi Montero, with Washington license plate AYE2639.
He is believed to be armed.
- Moscow seeks nominees for 2018 Mayor's Earth Day Awards
- Groups oppose Senate candidate's planned rally, citing safety concerns
- Dog shot twice after giving birth to litter of puppies
- Closing statements expected Thursday in Soderberg trial
- Donors needed for additional projects at Riverfront Park
- Bee causes rollover accident on Idaho Highway 7