KENT, Wash. (AP) - Police say they believe a body found in the back of a stolen pickup truck is that of a carjacking victim who went missing south of Seattle.
KING-TV reports an unknown person entered the truck that 38-year-old Jared Sperling was driving when he stopped at the gate to a storage facility in Kent on Monday evening.
Kent police say the person drove off in the truck with Sperling still inside.
Police say Sperling's truck was found at an apartment complex Tuesday morning.
Police are investigating the death as a homicide.
Police say they are looking for two people of interest in the case.
Information from: KING-TV, http://www.king5.com/
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
- Strong winds and showers move into region Sunday
- Spokane brewery takes home award at international competition
- Woman arrested for leading ISP and SCSO deputies on pursuit across state lines
- Local Memorial Day celebrations set to take place
- Campers brave wet start to Memorial Day Weekend
- 16-year-old girl charged with DUI, vehicular assault, in Spokane Valley crash