SANDPOINT, Idaho - A northern Idaho autism therapist from Naples that authorities say defrauded clients is facing four felony charges.
The Bonner County Daily Bee reports that Krista Louise Kreiger-Hurst of Imagine Behavioral & Development Services in Sandpoint was arrested Thursday and is charged with two counts of grand theft and two counts of financial transaction card fraud.
A Ponderay police affidavit says Kreiger-Hurst unlawfully obtained a woman's financial transaction card last year and ran up $3,193 in fraudulent charges.
The affidavit says Kreiger-Hurst was confronted about the thefts and confessed, saying she was having a hard time making ends meet.
Kreiger-Hurst is further accused to stealing a Sagle woman's debit card in January.
Kreiger-Hurst sought a public defender but the request was denied. It's not clear from online records if she's hired an attorney.
- KXLY4's anchors named as favorites in Inlander's "Best of" edition
- Made in the Northwest: Cygnus
- UPDATE: Police activity cleared in Logan neighborhood
- Students from 7 to 17 plan Spokane's March For Our Lives
- Moscow seeks nominees for 2018 Mayor's Earth Day Awards
- Groups oppose Senate candidate's planned rally, citing safety concerns