NEW MEADOWS, Idaho (AP) - A large mudslide in the New Meadows and Grangeville area has caused Idaho Transportation Department to close that section of Highway 95.
KBOI reports the mudslide is also causing nearby residents to be evacuated, as needed.
According to Idaho State Police, crews started cleanup on the area immediately Saturday morning, but the process is slow due to the extent of the mudslide and water over the roadway.
The public is encouraged to avoid the area.
- Police set up perimeter searching for wanted suspect in Spokane Valley
- Riverside State Park soon to offer two new cabins
- Formerly homeless woman stands by Sen. Cantwell in push for affordable housing
- SPD investigating drive-by shooting near Chelan and Ash
- City of Spokane public pools are closing for the summer soon
- Facebook, Instagram delete controversial figure James Allsup's accounts