MONTPELIER, Idaho (AP) - Authorities say an Idaho boy has been charged with a felony in the deadly shooting of a 10-year-old girl.
The Idaho State Journal reports the Bear Lake County Sheriff's Office announced Wednesday the involuntary manslaughter charge in the death last month of Ariel May Gerstlauer.
Authorities say the Blackfoot third grader was shot once in the head while visiting family at a camper trailer near Montpelier.
Bear Lake County Sheriff Bart Heslington says the boy will not be prosecuted as an adult.
He says the boy is under age 17, but he did not give his age or name.
He says authorities do not believe the boy intentionally shot Gerstlauer, but he declined to provide additional details about the shooting.
Information from: Idaho State Journal, http://www.journalnet.com
- The Gathering at the Falls Powwow celebrates 28 years
- Detectives searching for man who fired gun at Spokane Valley house
- Registered sex offender moves to Soap Lake
- Boater dies in crash at Thunder on the Snake boat races
- City crews responding to water main break on NW Blvd
- MultiCare creates virtual and in-home programs to serve Inland Northwest's seniors