TACOMA, Wash. - An African cat that went missing in Gig Harbor has been returned to its owners.
The News Tribune reports that the serval named Tango had escaped from Sal'an and Michael Weyer's home on Oct. 20. The couple picked him up on Sunday from someone in the area who had spotted the missing cat after hearing about it from a news report.
Salan Weyer says Tango is "doing great" and had spent some of his time on the run "hiding out in somebody's yard."
The Weyers got Tango from a Missouri breeder more than a year ago.
The cat is about 3 feet long and weighs 40 pounds.
- Daycare worker fights for better access to childcare after death of Caiden Henry
- Kxly4 Extreme Team gets to work renovating Project ID
- Lost dog found at Farragut State Park
- AR-15 pulled from Republican fundraiser
- Suspect arraigned in 2016 wildland arson case
- Spokane County in need of volunteers to represent abused kids