CHIMICUM, Wash. - Authorities say a 2 1/2-year-old boy was flown to a Seattle hospital after his father accidentally ran over him west of Everett in Chimacum.
The Peninsula Daily News reports the boy was run over by the tires of a Chevy Silverado as his father was maneuvering it on the boy's grandmother's property on Sunday morning.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Mark Apeland says the boy suffered serious injuries when he walked in front of the truck without his father noticing and a front wheel of the vehicle ran over him.
He said after the accident the father drove his son to the school, where he was picked up and flown to Harborview Medical Center.
Apeland called it "an unfortunate accident," and said the father would not face charges.
- Idaho man hit, killed when walking along Highway 95 near Winchester
- Cougar kills mountain biker, injures another near North Bend
- Washington 'Dreamers' protect their hometown from flooding
- Spokane high schoolers act in school shooting prevention film
- Adam Rippon visits Spokane Arena ahead of DWTS finale
- AMR organizes flash mob at River Park Square