CHIMICUM, Wash. - Authorities say a 2 1/2-year-old boy was flown to a Seattle hospital after his father accidentally ran over him west of Everett in Chimacum.
The Peninsula Daily News reports the boy was run over by the tires of a Chevy Silverado as his father was maneuvering it on the boy's grandmother's property on Sunday morning.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Mark Apeland says the boy suffered serious injuries when he walked in front of the truck without his father noticing and a front wheel of the vehicle ran over him.
He said after the accident the father drove his son to the school, where he was picked up and flown to Harborview Medical Center.
Apeland called it "an unfortunate accident," and said the father would not face charges.
- Fans celebrate Coeur d'Alene Little League's World Series appearance
- Fish kill planned for West Medical Lake as WDFW responds to goldfish infestation impacting trout
- Power bills could go down for Avista customers in Washington
- Boyds fire near Kettle Falls 27 percent contained
- Know before you go to avoid driving headaches
- New Mudgy & Millie book debuts at birthday