CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - A man caught on video petting a bison is the latest example of dangerous behavior by a visitor to Yellowstone National Park.
The bison dodges from the man, who was on a crowded boardwalk near a thermal area. Yellowstone officials warn the outcome could have been worse.
Park officials said Wednesday they're still investigating details of the video posted online July 8, including who the man was and where and when the incident happened.
On July 22, a bison charged and tossed a 9-year-old Florida girl several feet (meters) into the air after tourists came within 5 to 10 feet (2 to 3 meters) of the animal.
The girl was treated at a nearby clinic and released. Yellowstone officials said Wednesday they will not cite anybody for that incident.
- Take your pup for a swim at local pools
- Top stories you need to know as you head into the weekend
- City tests new product to prevent potholes on Spokane's streets
- Pilot not injured in Nine Mile Falls plane crash
- Night vs. day shift: How does it affect nurses?
- Downtown, Shadle libraries set for remodels which will take a year and a half at minimum