SEATTLE (AP) - Alaska Air Group says it plans to add more than 3,000 jobs this year, with three-fourths of the positions opening in Washington state.
The Seattle Times reports the Seattle-based airline group says the new jobs will include maintenance technicians, airport operations, customer service, cargo specialists, flight attendants and pilots.
The company says most of the openings will not require previous airline experience.
A study commissioned by the airline found that employment at Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air grew by about 35 percent at the Seattle hub between 2013 and 2017.
The company says it recently hired its 10,000th employee in Washington state.
The company employed about 8,500 people in California, Oregon and Alaska in 2017, with a total nationwide workforce of 21,300.
Information from: The Seattle Times, http://www.seattletimes.com
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Spokane NAACP calls for Rep. Matt Shea's resignation
- Level 1 Evacuation Notice issued for wildfire burning near Reservation Road in Stevens County
- Fire engine crashes while responding to a call in Royal City
- Unity in the Community draws thousands to Riverfront Park
- Help a local nonprofit raise money for families in need of medical travel
- There's still time this August to check out Sunday Art Mart