KENNEWICK, Wash. - The FBI and local law enforcement agencies are looking for a Washington state woman after she was abducted from her home and a ransom was demanded.
Kennewick police say 69-year-old Sandra Harris was kidnapped Friday by someone she knew. Kennewick police Sgt. Ken Lattin said an abductor then used Harris' cellphone to call her husband to demand an undisclosed amount of money in exchange for her return.
Law enforcement contacted the kidnapper and negotiated for several hours, ultimately agreeing to pay the ransom.
Lattin says a SWAT team then arrested 49-year-old Theresa Wiltse, on suspicion of kidnapping. But Wiltse was alone, and police are still searching for Sandra Harris.
Wiltse is being held without bond. It was not immediately clear if she had retained an attorney.
- Social media school shooting threat likely a hoax
- Biggest ever restaurant week has some creative and unique food options
- Extreme Team wraps up renovation at Project ID
- Home and Yard show runs this weekend
- Idaho private school moves forward with AR-15 raffle despite opposition
- Search continues for suspects associated with crime at Red Top Motel