COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A Coeur d'Alene woman was arrested Sunday for trying to steal from the Walmart in Hayden. Her attempted haul: 360 items worth more than $2,300.
Kootenai County Sheriff's deputies found 43-year old Jennifer L. Dossett pushing two carts through the parking lot, full of merchandise she hadn't paid for. She initially tried to give them a false identification, but she was later identified as Dossett.
Deputies say the woman stole everything from jewelry to clothing to Halloween costumes and makeup. When they rang up the items to calculate the total loss, the receipt was more than four feet long.
Dossett was arrested for burglary, grand theft and giving false identification to a peace officer. She already had an outstanding warrant for trying to steal from the same store last month.
She has also been booked into the Kootenai County jail six previous times for driving and drug-related charges.
- Kootenai County deputy takes pie to the face to support student with cancer
- USA Judo selects Spokane to host 2018 Junior Olympics
- Parks and Recreation, Trust for Public Land redesigning Dutch Jakes Park in West Central Spokane
- KXLY spreads holiday cheer at Spokane Guild School
- Rep. McMorris Rodgers issues statement on FCC net neutrality vote
- Morning Sprint: Dec. 14