COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - A jury in North Idaho announced Saturday morning that Jonathan Renfro, the man convicted of killing Coeur d'Alene Police Sgt. Greg Moore in May 2015, will receive the death penalty.
The jury said in the delivery of its verdict that they did not believe the mitigating factors presented by Renfro's defense sufficiently proved capital punishment would be unjust, in this case.
A sentencing hearing will be held on Monday, November 6, at 1:30 p.m.
This is a developing story. It will be updated as more information becomes available.
- WSU campus mourns the loss of Tyler Hilinski
- Phone scam uses family concern to trick victims
- Community helps baby in need of medication
- Local ballet student has chance at international title
- Campuses remind students there are mental health resources available to them if needed
- Post Falls woman wins big in Idaho Lottery raffle