COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Coeur d'Alene Police are searching for a suspect from a possible attempted robbery earlier this week.
During the early morning hours on August 1, the victim in the incident said he was on N. 4th Street, walking home from the area of 4th and Sherman.
The victim said he was approached by a young male carrying a skateboard. The male demanded the victim's wallet. The victim refused and began to walk away, when the suspect hit him in the head with the skateboard.
The victim was able to run but the suspect followed him for several blocks. The victim ran to Harvest Foods on Sherman Ave where employees contacted police.
The suspect is described as a young male in his late teens or early twenties. He has darker skin and may be Hispanic. The suspect is around 5 feet 9 inches tall with a thin build and no facial hair. He didn't have any noticeable marks or tattoos. He was wearing longer dark colored shorts, an unbuttoned light colored floral shirt, and a dark colored hat.
If you have any information on the incident, you are asked to call Detective Winstead at the Coeur d'Alene Police Department.
- Spokane ranked 2nd least safe city in Washington
- Forum seeks to end child abuse, increase affordable childcare in Spokane
- Spokane firefighter with legacy of protecting firefighters remembered
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery provides safe, confidential temporary childcare
- The impacts of child abuse, through the eyes of an officer
- Daycare worker fights for better access to childcare after death of Caiden Henry