HAYDEN, Idaho - Fire danger in Kootenai County has increased from moderate to high.
Sustained rising temperatures and low humidity levels contributed to the need to increase the fire danger. The increase will close burn permits for yard waste. Burn barrels are still allowed, but permits will be limited to 10 days.
If you do choose to burn at this time, be very careful and always attend your burn barrel.
According to FEMA, 50% of all fire crews were assigned to and working fires, as of yesterday.
Kootenai County Chiefs will reevaluate conditions next week, and more restrictions might be placed.
- Small town band performs in 50 states in 12 days
- Children in need pair up with law enforcement to buy gifts for families
- Unprecedented success for 2017 Christmas Tree Elegance
- Homeless man crashes stolen van through police dept. precinct
- ATV accident kills Kennewick man
- I-90 crash kills one, injures two others