KAMIAH, Idaho - A Nezperce, Idaho man was killed when he drive his car into a tree Saturday afternoon.
The Idaho State Police say 62-year-old Roy Gehrke was driving on SH64 near Kamiah, Idaho just after 4:00pm when he lost control of the vehicle, went off the road and struck a tree.
He was transported to the hospital by LifeFlight, but later succumbed to his injuries.
ISP says Gehrke was not wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash and that alcohol was a factor.
- Public use boat launch to open in Spokane neighborhood
- Allergy season: A pain for you and your pets
- Firefighters volunteer time to make Freeman baseball field vision a reality
- Arches of Post St Bridge will remain in new design
- Spokane International Airport busy with holiday travelers
- Rachel Dolezal charged with welfare fraud