COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - In the early morning hours of November 29, 2015 Coeur d'Alene Police Officers responded to a report of a prowler within a residence located in Coeur d'Alene Place, near Lake City High School.
After investigating noises originating in a basement, the homeowner was confronted by an unknown individual who had gained access the residence.
Ultimately, the intruder was successful in fleeing the residence after being confronted and no-one was physically injured. Although Patrol Officers arrived in the area within minutes, the intruder was not located and is still at large.
Ensuring residences are secure at all times is crucial, especially during the holiday season.
It is not uncommon for thieves to check the status of and enter unsecured residences and vehicles looking for items that can be quickly taken.
As always, if you see suspicious activity and/or individuals in your neighborhood do not hesitate to contact police.
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events
- Washington schools rank high for Peace Corps volunteering
- Extreme Team one day away from big reveal