COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The U.S. Forest Service is warning the public of an aggressive bear reported on Canfield Mountain in Coeur d'Alene.
The public is asked to AVOID the upper parking area and trail system in this area, where an aggressive sow bear with an undetermined amount of cubs has been reported on Cave Trail.
The service is working closely with Idaho Fish and Game to assess the situation.
An encounter with a sow and cubs is extremely dangerous, as mother bears are very protective of their cubs.
More details will follow as updates on the situation are provided.
- Small town band performs in 50 states in 12 days
- Children in need pair up with law enforcement to buy gifts for families
- Unprecedented success for 2017 Christmas Tree Elegance
- Homeless man crashes stolen van through Police Dept. precinct
- ATV accident kills Kennewick man
- I-90 crash kills one, injures two others