SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - The Spokane County Prosecutor's Office will not file criminal charges against a Spokane Valley Police deputy in the death of 15-year-old Ryan Holyk.
Evidence uncovered last year revealed that Deputy Joe Bodman's patrol vehicle likely did make contact with Holyk's head.
The Spokane County Prosecutor's Office looked into Negligent Driving Second Degree, Reckless Driving, and Vehicular Homicide statutes as well as reviewed the new evidence and an analysis of available defenses that could be used in trial and decided not to pursue criminal charges against Deputy Bodman.
Holyk's death in 2014 has caused some controversy in the community, some even questioned the investigation.
Washington state man sentenced for killing homeless man
Firefighter pleads guilty to child pornography charge
- Washington state man sentenced for killing homeless man
- Firefighter pleads guilty to child pornography charge
- 1 man killed, a second injured in Yakima shooting
- Man struck, killed by Sounder train in Seattle
- Colorado murder suspect thought to be in Spokane area
- Drug overdoses in Nez Perce County spike in 2017