OLYMPIA, Wash. - The Washington Department of Revenue is warning businesses of a new phone scam in which scammers claim to be from Revenue and request over-the-phone payment to renew expired business licenses.
The department would like to remind people that they will never ask for or take payment for license renewals over the phone. The department mails businesses a notice about six weeks before the renewal is due, and a late notice a week after the license expires.
License renewals should be made through a business's MY DOR account. You can check the status of your license here. If you have questions, you can contact the department at 1-800-451-7985.
- Skater falls on Spokane ice ribbon, dies
- Fire closes Moses Lake pizza parlor for "foreseeable future"
- Iconic Moses Lake pizza parlor on fire
- Weather cooperates as hundreds turn out for 3rd annual Walk for Life NW
- WSU community honors quarterback with candlelight vigil
- Spokane's favorite crossing guard