SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane County Auditor Vicky Dalton will swear in the newest county commissioner Friday.
Mary Kuney was chosen this week by Governor Jay Inslee to fill the slot left vacant by Shelly O'Quinn. Kuney will serve as commissioner for at least the next year, when she says she plans to defend the seat. Kuney is currently the chief deputy auditor for Spokane County.
Al French, Chair of the Spokane County Board of Commissioners, “I have been looking forward to this day. Mary is bringing with her a very unique set of skills that will be utilized tremendously as we address the 2018 Budget and conduct the business of the County.”
- Restaurant Week starts today!
- Burglar crawls through doggy door; busted by deputy
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events