WAPATO, Wash. - Law enforcement officers are investigating a homicide that occurred near Wapato in the Yakima Valley.
The Yakima County Coroner's office says the victim is identified only as a Native American male who died from a single gunshot wound.
Coroner Jack Hawkins says an autopsy is planned for Tuesday.
Other details were not immediately available.
The Yakima Herald-Republic says the death brings the total number of homicides in Yakima County this year to 19.
- UGM Student Impact Center aims to help Spokane's at risk youth
- Newport marchers protest proposed smelter
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family