MOSES LAKE, Wash. - A Moses Lake police officer pulled a suicidal man away from the bridge he was about to jump off of in the area of Stratford Road over SR-17 Monday.
Officers responded to reports of a suicidal man around 7:30 a.m. The first officer on scene saw a 45-year-old man straddling the guard rail. The officer began to speak to the man, and when the man began to shift his weight, the officer pulled him off the rail and onto the sidewalk.
With the assistance of a Washington State Patrol trooper, the man was detained and transported to Grant County Mental Health for an evaluation.
Nobody was injured.
- Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office cracks down on drunk driving
- Semi-truck driver killed near Wallace
- Morning Sprint: Dec. 13
- Working smoke detectors save Spokane Valley man's life
- Idaho Greeks self-impose sanctions on alcohol-related events
- Spokane Valley teens hope to help thousands of people with new driving technology