MOSES LAKE, Wash. - A Moses Lake police officer pulled a suicidal man away from the bridge he was about to jump off of in the area of Stratford Road over SR-17 Monday.
Officers responded to reports of a suicidal man around 7:30 a.m. The first officer on scene saw a 45-year-old man straddling the guard rail. The officer began to speak to the man, and when the man began to shift his weight, the officer pulled him off the rail and onto the sidewalk.
With the assistance of a Washington State Patrol trooper, the man was detained and transported to Grant County Mental Health for an evaluation.
Nobody was injured.
- Fire leaves Shogun Restaurant "a total loss"
- Coeur d'Alene man fighting for his life after crashing car into Fernan Lake
- Dogs reported stolen from Spokane yards
- Early morning fire destroys Spokane's Shogun restaurant
- UPDATE: SPD has located car in Spokane River
- Spokane Valley Police looking for suspicious male who contacted young girl