MOSCOW, Idaho - The Moscow man sentenced to life in prison when he admitted to a trio of murders back in 2015 is now appealing his guilty plea.
John Lee killed his adoptive mother, Terry Grzebielski, his landlord, David Trail, and Arby's Manager, Belinda Niebuhr in Moscow, Idaho in January of 2015.
Lee pleaded guilty to the murders back in 2016, but now he's saying he's not guilty, and wasn't competent when he admitted to the murders.
On Wednesday, he'll be back in Latah County Court and a judge will hear both sides of the case to determine whether or not to throw out Lee's guilty plea and continue with a trial.
- Spokane is growing and rentals can't keep up
- Protesters urge Rep. McMorris Rodgers to vote against Republican tax bill
- K9 Kahn locates stolen gun ditched by fleeing suspect
- Wolves poached in northeast Washington
- Washington medical partnership shapes future of medicine
- Spokane to open new Community Court following downtown success