OROFINO, Idaho - 17-year-old Kristian Perez has been found safe and is back home with his family, according to the Orofino Police Department.
Police said just after midnight Tuesday, they found Perez at a residence in Orofino.
Police received tips that Perez may be at a residence off Indio Ave belonging to 26-year old Tyson Imel.
According to police, Perez was found in good health and was taken into custody without incident on a Runaway charge. The investigation is ongoing and Imel may be facing criminal charges himself for providing assistance to Perez.
The search for Perez started Sunday when his mother told police he left prom shortly after 9:30 p.m. Saturday and had not been heard from since. Police confirmed Perez signed out of prom at 9:32 p.m. Perez rode to prom with a relative. Police found the teen's tuxedo jacket, one shoe and his broken cell phone near that vehicle.
- Morning Sprint: Dec. 14
- As bald eagles converge on Lake Coeur d'Alene, biologist warns of lead bullet use
- Christmas inflatable decorations slashed
- Toddler learns to snowboard before first birthday
- Spokane Democrats say Alabama special election gives hope for 2018
- Band members charged with raping woman released from jail