SPOKANE, Wash. - A Spokane man who admitted to slapping women on their backsides had his bond boosted to $11,000 on Friday.
Despite admitting to sexual assaults, Jonathan Smith pleaded not guilty to all charges in Municipal Court Friday morning.
“I'm not trying to avoid any of this,” Smith said. “I am truly sorry for my actions.”
Smith reportedly committed the assaults along the Centennial Trail with the help of his bicycle. Some of the victims were also assaulted downtown.
Smith was booked into Spokane County Jail on Thursday on multiple counts of Assault with Sexual Motivation.
His bond was originally posted at $1,000.
- WSU campus mourns the loss of Tyler Hilinski
- Phone scam uses family concern to trick victims
- Community helps baby in need of medication
- Local ballet student has chance at international title
- Campuses remind students there are mental health resources available to them if needed
- Post Falls woman wins big in Idaho Lottery raffle