FRANKLIN COUNTY, Wash. - An unidentified Spokane man is presumed dead after slipping from a cliff at Palouse Falls State Park on Monday afternoon.
According to the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, the man fell from a 35 ft ledge while taking a selfie with a young woman with whom he was visiting the park. The woman told authorities that he hit a rock as he fell into the water, where he was then swept downstream.
The Columbian Basin Dive Rescue team arrived on scene at approximately 6:00 PM on Monday. The assessed the area, but were not able to enter the water. Officials with the dive team said they plan to search for the man's body on Tuesday morning.
- Forum seeks to end child abuse, increase affordable childcare in Spokane
- Spokane firefighter with legacy of protecting firefighters remembered
- Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery provides safe, confidential temporary childcare
- The impacts of child abuse, through the eyes of an officer
- Daycare worker fights for better access to childcare after death of Caiden Henry
- Kxly4 Extreme Team gets to work renovating Project ID