KETTLE FALLS, Wash. - A Kettle Falls man was booked on a Second Degree Murder charge after a fatal shooting at his residence on Saturday night.
Just after 9 p.m. Saturday the Stevens County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call from a man who claimed to have shot another man after being threatened at his residence on Mingo Mtn Road south of Kettle Falls.
Sheriff's deputies and Kettle Falls police officers arrived and located a deceased 38-year-old man with apparent gunshot wounds and the homeowner, 66-year-old Eric K. Olsen.
Olsen was taken into custody without incident and later booked into Stevens County Jail on a charge of Second Degree Murder.
Officials are investigating to see if Olsen shot the man in self defense. Witnesses claim the deceased man was acting irrationally prior to the shooting.
Washington State Patrol detectives and crime lab technicians are assisting in processing the scene.
The name of the deceased is being withheld until family is notified.
An autopsy is scheduled for later this week.
- Restaurant Week starts today!
- Burglar crawls through doggy door; busted by deputy
- Kootenai County Jail low on beds, room for inmates
- Cheney High School students 'walk out' to show solidarity, ask for change
- Stevens County Sheriff's looking for home invasion suspects
- My Fresh Basket offers variety of cooking classes, events