SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Spokane Valley Deputies are at the scene of a pedestrian/train fatality collision near the intersection of Vista and Trent in Spokane Valley.
Vista will be closed between Trent and Knox for several hours.
At approximately, 1:40 p.m, citizens reported seeing a person who appeared to have been struck by a passing train lying next to the railroad tracks near the intersection of Vista and Trent.
Deputies responded to the scene and located a deceased male, believed to be an adult, by the tracks.
A skateboard and a pair of headphones were reportedly found nearby.
SIRT Volunteers were called to assist with traffic control.
The Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office will release the name of the male at a later date when appropriate.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to call Crime Check at 509-456-2233.
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient
- Second storm of the week brings new snow, high winds to Inland NW
- Kxly4 Extreme Team gears up for Projectid makeover
- Sheriff, SPS talk importance of reporting potential school violence