SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane police say speed and alcohol caused a driver to crash into a light pole and knock down a street sign Thursday night.
Spokane police say the driver skidded into a light pole and knocked down a street sign on West Sunset Highway, and based on the skid marks at the scene, speed played a factor.
The driver injured himself in the crash.
Officers arrested him for driving under the influence and reckless driving.
- Spokane Fire Dept. responds to heavy smoke coming from N. Spokane home
- One shot in Hillyard drug deal, suspected shooter detained
- Small earthquake shakes NW Montana
- Thousands turn out for Women's March
- Snowmobiler killed in avalanche in eastern Idaho
- Bill would use bonds to fund more mental health facilities