SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane Police Special Victim Unit detectives arrested a man on multiple sex offense charges Thursday night.
At 8 p.m., detectives learned that 38-year-old Daniel Wells Jr., who was wanted on multiple sex offense charges, was located at the 6800 block of N. Division Street.
They knew that Wells was armed, had made suicidal statements, and possibly threatened other people, so a SWAT team was called in to assist.
Wells was located outside a camper trailer with a firearm in hand, but quickly moved out of sight.
Nearby citizens were moved to a safer location.
After half an hour, Wells surrendered peacefully and was taken into custody. A firearm was retrieved from the scene.
Wells was booked into Spokane County Jail for second degree rape of a child, third degree rape of a child, and first degree incest.
There are potentially additional charges forthcoming.
- Railroad crossing malfunction blocks road
- Miracle Monday: Treating congenital heart disease at all ages
- Pullman psychologist jailed for rape found dead in cell
- Spokane Police Arrest two suspects following string of purse snatching incidents
- Services, schedules change for Presidents Day
- Idaho man accused of shooting at officer in custody