SPOKANE, Wash. - Around 1:00 p.m. today, 38-year-old Christopher Bateman was arrested and charged with reckless burning. He also had a warrant against him.
Witnesses saw Bateman lighting fireworks near a field in the area of 2nd Ave and Pittsburg St.. When they sparked a fire, several people called 911, and Bateman tried to put the flames out. The Spokane Fire Department responded and was able to get the fire under control.
Bateman had left the scene when Spokane Police officers arrived, but witnesses were able to help officers find him.
- Snowy start to Saturday in Spokane
- One girl found, one still missing from Bonners Ferry
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient
- Second storm of the week brings new snow, high winds to Inland NW