SPOKANE, Wash. - A driver was arrested for multiple felonies after ramming into other cars in a parking lot, attempting to run over a witness, then leading police on a pursuit in North Spokane Wednesday.
Around 10:45 p.m., Spokane police responded to N. Nevada St. and E. Wellesley Ave. to reports of a vehicle ramming into other cars in the parking lot of a business, and then hitting the building. The driver appeared intoxicated. When he saw police, the man led police on a chase that ended when he crashed near the intersection of Rowan and Cincinnati. The man then ran from his car, and a K-9 unit was used to track him down.
33-year-old Joseph T. Harper was found by the unit and taken into custody.
Police learned that Harper had also attempted to run over a person who witnessed him hitting cars. He was also driving a stolen vehicle during the incident, and was believed to be on drugs.
Harper was taken to a local hospital after the crash, and then booked into Spokane County Jail for Assault 1st degree, Malicious Mischief 2nd degree, Attempt to elude a police vehicle, Taking motor vehicle without owner’s permission 2nd, DUI, and Hit and run.
- Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office cracks down on drunk driving
- Semi-truck driver killed near Wallace
- Morning Sprint: Dec. 13
- Working smoke detectors save Spokane Valley man's life
- Idaho Greeks self-impose sanctions on alcohol-related events
- Spokane Valley teens hope to help thousands of people with new driving technology