SPOKANE, Wash. - A Nine Mile Falls man accused of raping a woman he met on a dating site pleaded not guilty in Spokane County Superior Court on Tuesday.
Michael R. Henry is charged with rape, assault, kidnapping and burglary stemming from this incident. The woman told police that when she tried to leave their date in February, Henry forced her into his truck, punched her repeatedly and then raped her both in his truck and in her home.
Henry's bond was set at $250,000 in court last month.
The United States Air Force confirmed to KXLY4 last week was the subject of a court martial on rape and strangulation charges in Delaware in 2015.
According to court documents, Henry was convicted of sexually assaulting a fellow airman and a civilian and was sentenced to a dishonorable discharge and seven years of confinement.
He appealed, and an Air Force official says the conviction was overturned. Henry was acquitted of the sexual assault and rape charges against him during a 2018 retrial, but he was given a bad conduct discharge and 12 months of confinement.
He was released for time served but remains on appellate leave. The Air Force officials told KXLY4 that means he is not paid, but is still subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
His trial on the Spokane charges is currently slated for April.
Catch up on the day's news and look ahead to tomorrow by signing up for the Daily Local email newsletter from KXLY4. Headlines, events, and staff picks every weeknight at 8 p.m. Sign up HERE to get your news on the D.L.
100 people from 40 countries to become U.S. citizens in Spokane Tuesday
One driver injured after colliding with school bus north of Riverfront Park; no children hurt
- 100 people from 40 countries to become U.S. citizens in Spokane Tuesday
- One driver injured after colliding with school bus north of Riverfront Park; no children hurt
- New car seat laws coming to Washington state in 2020
- 18-year-old speeds away from police, crashes truck into tree in East Central
- Frustration grows over bridge closure near Airway Heights
- Ethics complaint filed against Spokane City Councilwoman Karen Stratton