COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The man accused of killing a Coeur d'Alene police sergeant pled guilty to multiple charges Thursday, days before his trial is set to begin. Jonathan Renfro pled guilty to grand theft, and eluding police.
Investigators say Renfro shot and killed Coeur d'Alene Police Sgt. Greg Moore in 2015. Sgt. Moore was in the area of a neighborhood in north west Coeur d'Alene when he noticed a suspicious person. Investigators say Renfro shot Sgt. Moore and stole his police car. He was taken into custody after police found him hiding under a semi-truck.
Renfro still faces four other charges including first-degree murder. If convicted, he could face the death penalty. Jury selection begins Monday.
- Snowy start to Saturday in Spokane
- One girl found, one still missing from Bonners Ferry
- Passenger killed after collision with Chelan County snowplow
- Robbery suspects arrested after breaking into motel room
- Pullman psychologist arrested for sexually assaulting patient
- Second storm of the week brings new snow, high winds to Inland NW