POST FALLS, Idaho - Seltice Elementary School, Mullan Elementary School, and Frederick Post Kindergarten were placed in lockdown Tuesday around 2 p.m. at the request of the Post Falls Police Department.
Police ordered the lockdown based on information from a third party individual who said that two other individuals were planning to meet at the Seltice School parking lot with the potential to harm each other.
The police determined the meeting was not taking place and that the two individuals were not in the area.
The lockdown was canceled around 2:30 p.m. All students and staff are safe.
The buses will be running 10 minutes late as a result of the lockdown.
As a precautionary measure, many area schools in Kootenai County were asked to shelter in place. There were additional officers and deputies posted at each school and all students have been released without incident.
- One killed, two injured in head-on crash near Deer Park
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family
- That's a wrap! Extreme Team completes Project ID makeover
- Turning hardship into songs of hope