SPOKANE, Wash. - Spokane residents gathered to sing tax-themed Christmas carols in protest of the GOP tax plan Monday at 5:30 p.m. outside City Council.
The protestors are speaking out with concerns of the GOP tax plan, which is moving quickly through Congress. Protestors worry that the reforms will only benefit the rich.
"I saw some groups in Denver and Ohio had similar events and it looked like a fun way to respond to the GOP tax plan," said event organizer Stephanie Jamison. "A lot of people are very concerned that this will lead to cuts to social security and Medicare and Medicaid. People power stopped the ACA repeal efforts that would have taken health care away from millions and it can stop this too."
- Tsunami warnings canceled after magnitude-7.9 earthquake off Alaska
- BREAKING: Tsunami Watch for WA coast canceled
- Vandals strike Spokane Valley Elks lodge, cause thousands in damage
- Police search for person who sexually assaulted EWU student
- Moses Lake remembers Chico's Pizza Parlor
- City of Spokane responds to tragedy on their new ice ribbon