SPOKANE, Wash. - "The Great American Baking show" kicks off on ABC Thursday night, as bakers from around the country compete to be named 'America's Best Amateur Baker.'
Local baker Eva Roberts from “Just American Desserts” shared with Kxly her famous holiday cream-cheese sugar cookie recipe!
Cream-Cheese Sugar Cookies
1 Cup Butter, Room Temperature
1 (3oz.) Pkg. Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
¾ Cup Sugar
Pinch of Salt
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
½ Teaspoon Almond Extract (if desired)
3 Cups Flour
In a large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg, salt and extracts, until light and fluffy. Add flour, beating until well blended. Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours (may be kept refrigerated for several days). Prior to baking, allow dough to sit out at room temperature until easily rolled out. On a floured surface, roll dough out to 3/16 to ¼ inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake cookies for 7 to 10 minutes (depending on size)-just until get barely browned on edges. Do not over bake, should almost be just set and dry on the tops. Can be frosted or sugar could be sprinkled on the tops before baking.
- As bald eagles converge on Lake Coeur d'Alene, biologist warns of lead bullet use
- Christmas inflatable decorations slashed
- Toddler learns to snowboard before first birthday
- Spokane Democrats say Alabama special election gives hope for 2018
- Band members charged with raping woman released from jail
- Grant County deputies searching for missing teenager