SPOKANE, Wash. - "The Great American Baking show" kicks off on ABC Thursday night, as bakers from around the country compete to be named 'America's Best Amateur Baker.'
Local baker Eva Roberts from “Just American Desserts” shared with Kxly her famous holiday cream-cheese sugar cookie recipe!
Cream-Cheese Sugar Cookies
1 Cup Butter, Room Temperature
1 (3oz.) Pkg. Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
¾ Cup Sugar
Pinch of Salt
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
½ Teaspoon Almond Extract (if desired)
3 Cups Flour
In a large bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg, salt and extracts, until light and fluffy. Add flour, beating until well blended. Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours (may be kept refrigerated for several days). Prior to baking, allow dough to sit out at room temperature until easily rolled out. On a floured surface, roll dough out to 3/16 to ¼ inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake cookies for 7 to 10 minutes (depending on size)-just until get barely browned on edges. Do not over bake, should almost be just set and dry on the tops. Can be frosted or sugar could be sprinkled on the tops before baking.
- Crowd marches for Second Amendment in Franklin Park
- Police looking for suspicious male who contacted young girl
- Car believed to have driven into the Spokane River
- Leaders in 'Me Too' movement speak at Gonzaga University
- Months after school shooting, Freeman students walk out
- Spokane Valley students push to reform gun laws, met with opposition