SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - It only took a homemade costume, camera, and some creativity to transform 6-month-old Charlie Burke into a real life elf on the shelf.
Clay and Kaley Burke didn't expect the photos of their son to go viral, but they have been shared around the country.
From decorating the Christmas tree, to catching up on office work - it was a busy and sometimes messy 12 days of Christmas.
"We just kind of Googled different elf on the shelf pictures and within an hour, we had our 12 favorites, and we just went for it and they all worked out great," said Kaley Burke, Charlie's mom.
The photo shoot has now become a Burke family tradition.
"Get ready for all the major holidays," Clay and Kaley said. "We need to step up our game next year."
- Skater falls on Spokane ice ribbon, dies
- Fire closes Moses Lake pizza parlor for "foreseeable future"
- Iconic Moses Lake pizza parlor on fire
- Weather cooperates as hundreds turn out for 3rd annual Walk for Life NW
- WSU community honors quarterback with candlelight vigil
- Spokane's favorite crossing guard