SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - UPDATE: Investigators have determined that the fire started inside the structure's repair and service bay. The official cause is still unknown. The building was valued at $85,000 and is considered a total loss.
No people were found inside the building.
Spokane Valley firefighters are on scene of a large commercial fire at Best Bet Auto Sales on the 4600 block of E. Sprague.
Spokane Valley firefighters said a security guard from Costco called 911 when he heard cracks and pops while looking for shopping carts.
Investigators have confirmed that utilities were shut off to the building prior to the fire.
Witnesses tell KXLY4 the building has been vacant for several years, they claim a lot of transients often occupy the building.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Federal budget cuts could impact Spokane County assistance programs
- Deputies searching for man who stole safe from grocery store
- SPD arrest two people believed to be involved in series of violent crimes
- A billion dollar animal overpass on I-90
- Local business seeks public's help with propane theft
- Railroad crossing malfunction blocks road