SPOKANE, Wash. - A staff member at Spokane County Detention Services found a male inmate in his cell who had hung himself Thursday morning. The inmate was transported to a local hospital and is in critical condition.
The inmate was sitting on the floor of his cell with a sheet wrapped around his neck and was unresponsive.
The staff member called for assistance, and the inmate was transported to a local hospital.
The inmate's name is not being released. The investigation is ongoing.
- The Last Jedi opens in Spokane
- Moose rescued after getting tangled in swing set
- Beloved Crescent building Christmas window displays are back
- Cryptocurrency craze
- Spokane Park Board votes to create cross country skiing trails near golf course
- More people misuse disabled parking spots in winter months