SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - A house fire broke out in Spokane Valley just before 2 a.m. Thursday.
Valley firefighters believe an illegal burn sparked the fire in the backyard of the house on E. 12th Ave and Robie.
Firefighters said they could see flames for over half a mile away from the home.
The owner does not live there, but was alerted by neighbors who noticed the flames and smoke. The owner often allows family members stay in the home. Firefighters said the current resident was asleep outside and was uninjured.
The fire is still under investigation.
- Students compete in "Hack-a-thon"
- Restaurant week opens with a bang, chefs prepping for busy night two
- Hero dog shot three times trying to save family
- That's a wrap! Extreme Team completes Project ID makeover
- Turning hardship into songs of hope
- Spokane autism conference features special guest from Sesame Street