KOOTENAI COUNTY, Idaho - Saturday night at 8:14 p.m., 52-year-old Gregory Vandouris of Coeur d'Alene died when the car he was driving slid off I-90 and down an embankment. Two others were in the car at the time and were both transported to Kootenai Medical Center.
According to Idaho State Police, the 1992 tan Honda Accord was traveling westbound on I-90 at milepost 34.5. Vandouris was driving in the passing lane when he swerved and went off the right side of the road. The car took out approximately 30 feet of guard rail before going down an embankment and overturning.
Vandouris was wearing a seatbelt, but was pronounced dead at the scene. The condition of his passengers, 32-year-old Rachel Cabral and 36-year-old Jesse Stephens, is unknown.
Snowmobiler killed in avalanche in eastern Idaho
Bill would use bonds to fund more mental health facilities
- Snowmobiler killed in avalanche in eastern Idaho
- Bill would use bonds to fund more mental health facilities
- Iconic Moses Lake pizza parlor on fire
- Skater still alive after fall on Ice Ribbon
- Fire closes Moses Lake pizza parlor for "foreseeable future"
- Weather cooperates as hundreds turn out for 3rd annual Walk for Life NW