GRANT COUNTY, Wash. - Grant County Health District is issuing an alert to the public that influenza season has arrived.
The district has received an increased number of reports of influenza A cases and influenza B cases. Washington state has reported five confirmed influenza deaths in the 2017-2018 season. No deaths have been confirmed in Grant County.
GCHD urges all residents 6 months and older to get their flu shot as soon as possible. Flu activity typically increases in the winter months when people spend more time indoors around each other. People who haven’t been vaccinated against the flu still have time to get the vaccine before the season reaches its peak.
- Investigation prompts several search warrants at Red Top motel in Spokane Valley
- Idaho senator's reaction stirring up social media
- Wolf Creek Lodge Steak House closing its doors
- Bitter cold no match for dog owners
- Getting your car and home ready for freezing temperatures
- City council president teases proposal to tax gun sales